Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a great week. I’ve been having a bit of a weird one – my teeth have got SUPER sensitive and I basically can’t talk half the time because my mouth is in so much pain haha. But luckily no talking is required for blogging 😉
It’s been quite a while since I’ve layered glitter nail polish over a base colour, and this week I fancied doing something a little different with it. I’m pretty happy with how these came out, I haven’t done a gradient in a loooong time! They remind me of speckled eggs 🙂
What I used:
- Barry M Cotton Gelly
- Barry M Sky Blue Gelly
- Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots Chalk Dust
- Barry M Plumpy Gelly Topcoat
- Makeup sponge
How to do it:
- Start with 1-2 coats of Barry M Cotton Gelly (or any standard white polish).
- Tear off a corner of a makeup sponge, and apply Barry M Sky Blue Gelly (or any blue polish) onto it. Sponge this onto the nail from halfway along the nail to the tip.
- Once this has dried, reapply Sky Blue Gelly from about 3/4 along the nail to the tip. Wait for this to dry.
- Apply one coat of Maybelline Chalk Dust glitter.
- Finish with one coat of Barry M Plumpy Gelly Topcoat.
I’m not sure the Maybelline Chalk Dust glitter is widely available any more, so if you’re struggling to find it, check out Revlon Graffiti, L’Oreal Confetti, or Seventeen Off the Wall Graffiti Effects. The L’Oreal is the only of these that doesn’t contain bar glitter. Alternatively many indies do black and white matte glitter topcoats 🙂
Let me know what you think of this simple nail art look! 🙂 x