Hey everyone, just a quick one for now as I have another post lined up for later, but wanted to day Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you! 🙂
I was wearing my Barry M Heather Silk yesterday, and thought, this would look amazing as a pastelly gradient! So I’ve put together as quick step-by-step guide to how to get this look. The heart was a last minute addition in recognition of the day, but I think it works quite well! It’s a really easy nail art look.
How to do it:
1. Prep with basecoat and paint your nails with 2 coats of Pearl. Opacity isn’t essential as you’ll be building over it in a minute.
2. Dab a fair bit of Heather onto the corner of a makeup sponge, and in turn dab it onto the top half of the nail. The messier, the better. Repeat this a couple of times until you get a nice colour payoff, as Heather is a little sheer. Do this for all nails.
3. Once your nails are dry, take the Pink nail art pen, prep it (pump on a piece of paper until the pigment comes out, make sure there’s not too much on the nib) and on your ring finger, draw the outline of a heart. Allow this to dry for a minute or so, and gently fill in the middle with the pen – you don’t have to fill it all as we’re going to sponge over it next.
4. Once the heart is dry, tear off a really small (new) bit of the makeup sponge; make sure you have enough to hold it though. Dab Pink Sunshine onto the torn edge, and then dab it carefully inside the heart. It doesn’t matter what ‘design’ comes off onto the heart, as long as you stay inside the lines.
5. Finish with a coat of topcoat!
I entered this post into the River Island We Heart Nail Art Blogger Challenge – take a peek!
Hope you like this look, it’s a really, really easy nail design. Happy V-Day everyone!