I have no idea what compelled me to put the two together but here you go:
Hello! Today I got a lovely surprise… Lisa from “Makeup With Lisa” awarded me this:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell us 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered new bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they’ve received the award(s)
Hello all, I hope you all enjoyed Valentines Day?
Andy and I just had a lovely sofa evening – my present to him was a magic coin thingy, he’s good at magic tricks so seemed pleased with his present (he knew what I was getting him since he asked for it lol). When I got to his house we went to Tesco and he bought me all the food of my dreams, yum yum! We then went home and had a lovely dinner, then snuggled up to watch ‘The Wolfman’ (very romantic…) at my request. All in all it was a truly perfect evening, as we don’t get much time to just enjoy each others’ company.
I didn’t have all that much time to do my nails as I did them at about 00.30 am on Valentine’s Day and was beginning to drop, hence the messy left hand. The right hand I blame on my left hand not being my dominant hand. Oh to be ambidextrous!
So here are my nails for Valentines Day 🙂 :
Diet Coke and Nails Inc. have collaborated this Spring to strike up a very purse-friendly deal in which one has to purchase two 500ml bottles of Diet Coke from participating Boots stores, and one will receive a lovely free 10ml (fullsize)Nails Inc. polish. There are four available colours: Heather Grey, Denim, Caramel and Plum. I might sneakily add that in Boots Oxford this Tuesday there were also two polishes from last year’s collaboration – I believe they were both ‘Milan’ (bright red).
During our trip to Oxford, I managed to drag Andy multiple times to multiple nail polish hoarding areas and requested his opinion on certain colours, multiple times. Having heard about the Nails Inc. offfer, we definitely had to stop off in Boots. When we got there there were just two colours on show: Heather Grey and Plum. Because I already own L’Oreal 603 I decided to opt for the Heather Grey (I am hesistant about spending money on potential dupes as my money supply is far from limitless!) so I stole this from the display and grabbed a couple of unsuspecting Diet Cokes, heading for the till. I always end up feeling fraudulent at the payment stage, like I’m doing something wrong by taking this free gift, or like the cashier is going to say sorry, you’re WRONG lol. You can find swatches of the other colours (sorry I can’t afford them!) by searching in Google Images.
I wasn’t so keen on the colour in the bottle as it seems halfway between Barry M Mushroom 310 and a pastelly-purple colour, which really does not appeal to the eye. However, upon application, I was needless to say more than pleasantly surprised:
One slightly picky criticism is that the lid doesn’t seem to fit the bottle. It just overhangs ever so slightly but this really puts me off, maybe I’m just being overly perfectionistical (is that even a word?!) but it just gets to me, it looks so tatty! Oh well, I’ll put up with it for the lovely colour.
I also went in later this week for my work experience and treated myself to the lovely Denim colour, so keep a watch out 🙂
Hope your week hasn’t been as stressy as mine has,
love Emma xxx
EDIT: Looking at photos, Heather Grey seems to be very similar to Nails Inc.’s “Bruton Street”… I don’t have it so can’t do a comparison, but check it out! 🙂 xx
Disclaimer: Everything mentioned in this blog post was either bought by myself with my own money, or given to me as a gift from friends/relatives. All opinions expressed here are my own.
- Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation (free sample in February edition of ELLE Magazine)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in “Strip” used over the main eyelid.
- Natural Collection Fragrance-Free Eyeshadow in “Barley”, blended with the UD eyeshadow, and dusted over the browbone. Also used lightly on lower lash line.
- PrettyPink Makeup Palette Eyeshadows in a pale shimmery camel colour blended over the brow bone, a pinky mauve blended into the outer corners and a rusty brown on my eyebrows. I also used a dark purple for the liquid eyeliner with the transforming potion.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Transforming Potion (for eyeliner)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Binge” worked into my lower lashes.
- Urban Decay Big Fatty Waterproof Mascara
- Natural Collection Juicy Lips Lip Gloss in “Pink Velvet”